The secret to losing weight and maintaining the weight loss is to avoid deprivation by looking for healthier versions of your favorite recipes. This is why we are bringing you two of the healthiest chocolate cake recipes that will not only hit the spot and satisfy the chocolate craving but ensure you stay within your daily caloric limit as well.
We are providing you two healthy chocolate cake recipes: one being a regular cake and one a mug cake for those days when you need to satisfy a craving but do not feel like putting in the effort required for whipping up a cake. The mug cake can be made within two minutes as all it requires is throwing all the ingredients into a mug and placing it in a microwave. Nuke for a minute and you have a scrumptious chocolate cake that hits all the right spots without any effort at all.
So, without further ado, here are the recipes for the healthy chocolate cake recipes.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Half a cup of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder
- Half a cup of boiling water
- ½ a tablespoon of vanilla
- ¾ cup of ground almond
- 2 pinches of baking soda
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 cup of caster sugar or in combination with equivalent sweetener in any ratio
- 3 eggs
- Set your oven to preheat on 180°C for 12 minutes.
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch baking dish.
- Place water in a small saucepan and let it reach a boil.
- Once boiled, whisk in the cocoa powder until a smooth paste forms.
- Add in the essence and mix well.
- In a bowl, mix together ground almonds with baking soda and sprinkle the salt in it, mix well.
- In another bowl, mix together the sugar with oil. Beat well with an electric mixer for two minutes before adding in the eggs.
- Beat for another 3 minutes.
- Mix in the cocoa paste and beat for another minute.
- Add in the almond mixture and mix well, beating for another minute.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes.
Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of pumpkin puree or unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons of ground almonds
- 1 and ½ tablespoon of sweetener
- 1 and ½ tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 dashes of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Five drops of vanilla essence
- ½ a tablespoon of milk
- 1 ounce of dark chocolate chopped
- Mix together the puree with cocoa and mix well.
- Add in the egg and beat well.
- Pour in the milk and mix well.
- Add in the ground almond and sweetener and mix well.
- Add in the essence, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour it into a mug, add in the chopped chocolate and mix roughly once.
- Microwave for half a minute.
- Check if it is done and continue to nuke for half a minute at a time, until the center is slightly underdone.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
So, these are two of the healthiest chocolate cake recipes you can try without worrying about the number of calories you are consuming.